Tuesday, January 19, 2010



Hurray its finally done. this was one long hard project but i finally got it done and done well. what i had to do originally was create a sytrus loop and put it into the riff machine.when i got the type of wave that i wanted (square wave)i changed a few of my envelopes. first was my pitch and MOD envelopes. i shortened the wave formation on my pitch envelope and lengthed only by a little my MOD envelope. Another wave that i changed was my OSC file. i also changed my beats per minutie from the original 140 to 95 then up to 105 which made the loop much moore clear and easier to hear.for my riff machine loop i used a basic form and put little complementing patterns over it. one of the final things that i got done was that i put a large amount of bass and piano that plays over my riff machine and sounds very good. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The interesting thing about this loop is the slow tempo, and the decay of the strings sound. They match. I remember when your loop was a faster tempo and the line that you wrote turned into a jumbled mess because the first part of the melody was still sustaining while the second part was beginning.
    Both of your synths are very similar- they are both sting sounds, so it is difficult to distinguish between the two, and it blurs the layers yo created.
    I'd like to see your post more descriptive about how you went about designing your synths.

    ReplyDelete